Sunday, May 24, 2009

Almost neglected....But not tonight!

Ohhh My Poor Photography Blog has almost been neglected!!! It has been almost 10 days since I last posted anything and 15 days since I last posted a photo! Well today I am going to share heaps and heaps of photos you will probably be bored with all of them.

After learning all this stuff about how to use the camera on different setting I tried the Shutter speed setting today....Baz & I went towards the Bowen River Hotel, but we got sidetracked! I saw lots and lots of galah's on a clearing near a dam. So out I got and I got my trusty tripod and camera out to take some photos. Well I took about 20 photos of these galah's and this is the best shot! Click on it to make it full sized.
It was back in the car then onto the river, we decided not to go to the Hotel, we went down to the water's edge....have to be very careful lots and lots of croc's in that river!!! I took some photos of the water running over tree branches and rocks but I am not happy enough with the quality to share them with you all. I took this photo of a tree hanging over in the river and the reflection on the water.

Then I saw this really cool looking root or vine....Then I wanted to try my shutter speed setting on a rock being thrown in the water and catching the splash. I took 3 all in very close succession of eachother....2 are very dark and one is light! It was still daylight. And you can see where the rock is almost hitting the water, then it hit the water and then Baz threw another rock and this is what the shot looks like! Don't know what I did but they were all taken within a 3 min time frame. Can't tell you what setting I had them on until I work out where to find it in Photoshop 7.
Then another photo taken with the rock and the splash and I am really happy with the composition of this shot! Captured the perfect splash and the droplets of water but again it was daylight not dark when I took this photo!
On the way home we saw lots and lots of Deer, Plain Turkey's, Kangaroo's, Kookaburras, Hawks, Pelicans and I got these awesome sunset photos. Hope you like them SueHad heaps of fun taking photos today....So happy that I am able to put into practise some of the new skills I have learnt from the camera course!!! Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them, Looking forward to sharing more photographs with you all, in the mean time Happy Snapping! Point, Focus and Shoot!! Luv Shaz xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Shaz, esp. the sunsets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunsets, beautiful. So can I expect to see more of these.
    I love the gallahs too, did you notice the pigeon? in the background.
    When you find out some more stuff about using the shutter button please share.
    I find the settings on the camera, on the back I have a little button with a white circle with an i in it. In review I click this button and can view all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful.. i really love the 4th last photo! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the 2nd and 8th photo the best :P (the reflection ones)
    and the water shots are awsome....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shaz, just popped in for another look at these wonderful photos. Question though what is tied to the tree in the second one, is it a mooring bouy or a fishing line of some sort? I will be back later to see your newest shots, thanks for the lovely comment on my pics too.

    ReplyDelete